A big thank you to Eden Allison for posting this wonderful recipe on The Tasty Kitchen. They are delicious and make a simple and filling lunch! SO much better than the frozen, processed kind! Thanks Eden! Here’s my version (very similar.)
2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken or turkey
1 oz. taco seasoning
2/3 cups water
3 oz. cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheese blend
8 flour tortillas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small saucepan, combine chicken, taco seasoning and water. Stir to combine and heat over a medium flame. Once heated through, remove from heat and add cream cheese. Stir until melted. Add shredded cheese and stir to combine.
Arrange tortillas on work surface and divide mixture between each. Spread mixture around each tortilla to within one inch of end. Roll tightly and place seam-side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. When all are assembled, spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with a bit of course salt. Bake for 20 minutes.
- I used a rotisserie chicken, or you can poach your own.
- My taco seasoning mix was in a 1.5 oz. package so I used about 2/3 of the package.
- I used low-fat cream cheese, and my shredded cheese was a low-fat Mexican blend. Use whatever you like!
- Serve with salsa and/or sour cream if desired.
- A printer-friendly version of this recipe can be found here.