I’m always looking for simple chicken recipes that don’t taste like the “same old thing.” These are great, the mayonnaise holds in the moisture and gives them a nice flavor. Super simple too!
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 to 3/4 cups bread crumbs
Spices to taste (if bread crumbs aren’t pre-seasoned)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside. Pound chicken lightly between two sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper to even out the thickness.
In a large zip-top plastic bag, combine mayonnaise, parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Add chicken breasts and seal the bag. Work the bag around in order to ensure chicken is well-coated with mayonnaise mixture. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs with spices (see notes.) Remove chicken from bag, coat with bread crumbs, and place on baking sheet.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
- I’ve made this recipe with as few as two and as many as six chicken breasts. The mayonnaise mixture goes a long way, I’ve never had to make more even if I’ve increased the amount of chicken.
- I buy thinly-sliced chicken breasts when they are on sale and use them instead of pounding thicker pieces. This recipe also works very well with chicken tenders.
- I use fat-free mayonnaise or Miracle Whip with great results!
- If your bread crumbs aren’t seasoned, add spices to taste. I usually use some salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and poultry seasoning. But anything you like will work: parsley, Italian seasoning, sage, thyme, or anything else you might like. Be liberal.
- A print-friendly version of this recipe can be found here.